Last Revision: January 2021
Personal Information (“Personal Information”) is information about you that identifies you as an individual: for example, your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, billing information, and/or social media accounts, and you as a business: for example, your business name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial information, business information and documentation: including company size, financial statements, business type, organizational documents and business plans, as well as beneficial ownership information.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through contact forms, applications, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, third-party account linking, and the like. We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services, information, participate in a contest or to resolve complaints and/or concerns.
Information We May Collect
We collect your Personal Information so that we can provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our Site, and its Content. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our obligations to you. We may collect and use your Personal Information to:
1. Deliver our newsletter to you - this would be consented to by providing your email address to us in our contact forms;
2. Process payment to deliver our products or services to you pursuant to our contractual obligation;
3. Send you marketing emails with either your consent or your request as contained in your contact form;
We may also collect your Personal Information in the following ways, which would constitute your Personal Data, and hereinafter will be inclusive of your Personal Information (“Personal Data”):
2. Business Information: As part of our application process, you may also be asked to provide business information and documentation, including company size, financial statements, business type, organizational documents and business plans, as well as beneficial ownership information. This is to customize our service to match the stage of your company;
3.Third-Party Authorization: You may also enter in certain account information for third-party sites and Internet services (“Third-Party Sites”);
4. Information from Third-Party Sites: In order to display information to you or to fulfill your requests for certain products and services available through a Service, we may collect, on your behalf, your account and other personal information from Third Party Sites that you register under your account via the Service. We may also collect information about you from mailing list providers, publicly available sources, and other third parties, including to process and manage your application and transactions;
5. Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon;
6. Technical and Navigational Information: We may collect your computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality;
7. Device ID: When you use the mobile versions of our Site, we may collect the unique device identifier assigned to that device by phone makers, carriers, or makers of the operating system (the 'Device ID'). Device IDs allow app developers, and others to uniquely identify your device for purposes of storing application preferences and other data;
9. To maintain our Site, Content and Company’s highest quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Site by identifying which areas of the sITE are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially "traffic data" which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
Please note that the information contained in your Personal Data, which you are giving to us, is voluntary, and by you providing this information to us you are providing us with your consent to use, collect, share and process this Personal Data. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Data at any point by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, you may not be able to participate in certain aspects of our Site or Content.
What We Do With Information We Collect
We may contact you with the Personal Data that you provide to us based on these lawful grounds for processing:
1. Consent. We may contact you if you give us your clear, unambiguous, affirmative consent to contact you;
2. Contract. We will contact you under our contractual obligation to deliver goods or services which you purchase from us; and/or
3. Legitimate Interest. We may contact you if we feel you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us. For example, if you sign up for a webinar, we may send you marketing emails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt out of any of our emails.
Fulfill Our Services to You
We will use the Personal Data you give to us in order to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services. We will also use your Personal Data to process and analyze your application, so that we may respond to your inquiries about our services. Finally, we will use your Personal Data to verify your identity, to provide customer support, and to offer you additional or other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
We will use the Personal Data you give to us in order to process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. We only use third party payment processors that take the utmost care in securing data and comply with the GDPR.
Targeted Social Media Advertisements
We may use the data you provide to us to run social media advertisements and/or to create look-alike audiences for advertisements.
Share with Third Parties
We may share your information with trusted third parties such as our newsletter provider in order to contact you via email, our merchant accounts to process payments, Google and/or social media accounts in order to run advertisements, and our affiliates.
Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for viewing by others online through the Site or the Content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Slack group that we manage, sharing details on a group coaching call, etc.).
Submission, Storage, Sharing, and Transferring of Personal Data
Personal Data that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members).
Personal Data that you provide to us may be used to improve (including through data analytics), monitor, and personalize the Site and the Content, and to conduct our business. Personal Data provided may also be used for targeted marketing and advertising, to measure the performance of and improve the Site or mobile application functionality, and to manage, administer, and protect our information technology infrastructure and the Site security generally.
We retain your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide you with the information and/or services that you requested from us. We may include certain Personal Data for longer periods of time if necessary for legal, contractual and accounting obligations.
How We Share Your Information
We may share personal data about you as follows and you hereby consent to such sharing:
(1) such action is necessary to protect and defend our rights or property or those of our users or licensees;
(2) to act as immediately necessary in order to protect the personal safety or rights of our users or the public;
(5) With our service providers, agents, consultants and related third parties to perform certain business-related functions such as offering customer service, in each case only as necessary to provide these types of services to us;
(6) With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, to help us with our business activities and to better understand our users;
(7) Basic information (name, company name, phone number, email address and requested; and,
(8)To any other third party with your consent.
To use certain features of the Site or its Content, you may need to create a username and password on Third Party platforms. Your username and password are stored by those Third Party platforms. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username or password and within your account. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your Personal Data at your own risk.
You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized or improper use of your username or password or any other breach of security. To help protect against unauthorized or improper use, make sure that you log out at the end of each session requiring your username and password.
You may unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data you provide to us from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access. We only share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who use the same level of care in processing your Personal Data. That being said, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will always be secure due to technology or security breaches. Should there be a data breach of which we are aware, we will inform you immediately.
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
Third Party Websites
We may link to other websites on our Site. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our Site or its Content, and thus we cannot be held liable for the privacy of the information on their website or that you voluntarily share with their website. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use and protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
Notification of Changes
Data Controller and Processors
We are the data controllers as we are collecting and using your Personal Data. We use trusted third parties as our data processors for technical and organizational purposes, including for payments and email marketing. We use reasonable efforts to make sure our data processors are GDPR- compliant.
Protection of Children Online
The Company considers the protection of children's privacy, especially online, to be of the utmost importance. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children nor do we allow them to become registered users of, or to request information through, our Sites or help-seeking information lines.
Attn:Px Venture Services
WeWork 1 University Ave., 3rd Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 2P1 Canada